Adult Rehab & Tone Management Clinic
Beyond Boundaries Rehab supports every member of the family to achieve their goals by removing limitations.
Our Adult Rehab and Tone Management Clinic provides support for adults with a variety of complex and chronic and health care needs. Our experienced staff are experts in providing tailored rehabilitation services that help adults to enjoy life without limits.
Giving you confidence, independence and support to get more out of life
Tailored support for your unique needs and goals
Our comprehensive rehabilitation services are based on evidence and qualified research to build a personalised plan that supports you along the journey towards achieving your goals and catering to your unique needs. Having the best care and support at hand leads to positive outcomes for your wellbeing and life.
Access the adult rehab care you need from an experienced team
Our team of experienced and qualified rehabilitation specialists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and speech pathologists in our Adult Rehab and Tone Management Clinic can help adults with:
- Cerebral palsy
- Movement disorders
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord disease and injury
- Post-acute surgical or medical event needs
- A need for end of life care and support
- Hypermobility, including Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Marfan syndrome, etc.
We are at the forefront of current research, so you know you are getting the highest level of evidence-based care available. Your Beyond Boundaries Rehab team can also work closely with other service providers you currently work with – our focus is always on the best approach for the best outcome for you.
Flexible supports and rehabilitation services to help you live beyond boundaries
We will work closely with you to provide evidence-based rehabilitation services that are tailored for your unique needs and goals. Our comprehensive range of rehabilitation services for adults include:
- Multidisciplinary assessments and reports
- Spasticity and tone management
- Geriatric, orthopedic and neurological rehab
- Return to work planning and support
- Community engagement and participation
- Functional communication
- Acute and chronic dysphagia management
- Swallowing rehab
- Recommendations for orthoses (splints)
- Aquatic physiotherapy
- Intensive, goal specific ambulatory rehab
- Complex equipment prescription
- Assistive technology
- Home, community and centre based therapy
- Comprehensive NDIS assessment & therapy
We provide a private clinic setting and a safe and supportive space, but we can also provide support services in your home or within community settings.
What to expect from your appointment
We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all solution to your rehabilitation. We will work closely with you to ensure the plan we provide is tailored and built around the best outcomes for you. This might involve one of two initial approaches:
- A comprehensive multidisciplinary review followed by an appointment with our rehabilitation specialist, Dr Konesh; or
- An appointment with just our rehabilitation specialist, Dr Konesh.
If you choose to see one or all of our allied health team members, this will take place prior to your appointment with Dr Konesh. This gives Dr Konesh a broader and more detailed understanding of your unique condition and needs.
Your allied health multidisciplinary assessment will be personalised around your needs. It may include but is not limited to:
- Physiotherapy: we’ll conduct a musculoskeletal assessment to look at your strength, range and tone/spasticity, balance, gross motor skills, functional mobility and gait (including falls risk).
- Speech Pathology: we’ll take a look at your swallowing capabilities as well as your language and functional communication skills.
- Occupational Therapy: we’ll assess your everyday living skills including domestic tasks, work access and support, community access, self-care skills, spasticity and tone assessment/management, upper limb/hand strength, and fine motor skills. This is also an opportunity for us to define any equipment needs that can make your life more meaningful and improve your independence.
Following your appointment, your Adult Rehab team will create a personalised and tailored report containing a list of recommendations and strategies to help you achieve your goals.
Our approach ensures you receive optimal treatment that will maximise your independence and quality of life.
Our focus is on empowering you to enjoy the things you love best!